And Other Thoughts

A Cause to Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

Bird Love

Valentine’s Day used to be my absolute favorite holiday. However, over the past few years it’s fizzled in the background to St. Patty’s Day and all the great food I make to celebrate my husband’s heritage.

This year, though, I’m rekindling my fire with Valentine’s Day as I create cards and develop a new concept for my main blog, NOTE TO SELF: Daily Reminders from God. During the month of February, Daily Reminders from God will be replaced by Love Notes from God. It is divinely inspired and I know God is truly going to pour His love on so many people! So please be sure to check out my site and follow along next month.

Okay, onto the cards.

Here is The Deconstructed Sketch for this week:

Deconstructed Sketch No. 86

 

Here is my take:

New_1_DSCF2263

See these cute birds, hearts and heart tree? $1 for a pack at Wal-Mart, and I still have a whole lot more I can use, including some adorable journaling cards that I’ll use on the back. The paper is from Hob Lob, and the polka dot tape is from the Smash line, which I’m sure every crafter on the planet owns. The heart stamp is from the Portfolio line by Pink Paislee that I bought at Two Peas in a Bucket.

DSCF2266

Now the next card is taken from another sketch from a few weeks ago, but I wanted to try it anyway. For some reason I’m not receiving their email alerts. Sad smile

retro sketches : a challenge

And here’s my inspiration:

DSCF2268

Papers are from Hob Lob single sheets. And the stickers I bought a while back at JoAnn Fabrics.

DSCF2270

I’m enjoying throwing vellum into the concepts, but sometimes it can get a bit tricky, especially if you are using dimensional tape. It’s also not easy to use in the Cricut, as it seems to tear easily even on the lightest setting.

Well, onto the weekend…

3 comments:

Fabulous cards! Love all the elements you added! Love when you can find deals like that!! Thanks for playing along with the Deconstructed Sketch this week!
 
These are fantastic! I love the little birds on your first card! Thanks for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!
 
Thank you both so much!! And thanks for stopping by to check out my cards. I'm really enjoying following along with Deconstructed Sketch!! It's so much fun. While I try to follow the design almost to the tee, I usually end up with something different, like on the Bird Love card. Thanks for the inspiration!!
 

Post a Comment