And Other Thoughts

A Cause to Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

Missing You Today

I’m currently reading the book, “Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe,” and yesterday’s chapter was about how so many mom’s face the daily battles and routines alone. One thing that fascinated me was how the author, Sally Clarkson, described our current culture as living in “hostile isolation.”

I do this mothering thing alone 90% of the time now that my husband works these very strange hours, but worse yet, with my mother dying in May and my in-laws having moved to Utah a few months before that, we lost all hope of family connections and someone helping us with Tavin.

And while I cherish the deep friendship I have with my best friend Pennie, she lives 865 miles away and all we can ever do is talk on the phone…that is when Tavin lets me is sleeping.

With that said, today’s Mojo Monday card challenge is based on how much I’m missing my friends today. Here’s the sketch:


And here’s my inspiration…for you, Pennie!

DSCF2248

Ironically, I was actually talking to her on the phone when I was putting all the pieces together.

Supplies:

Twig, outside; paper, DCWV The Timeless Type Stack; Missing You Today stamp, Wal-Mart; vellum paper and Kraft Card, Hobby Lobby; door knocker, Jolee’s Boutique (Marshal’s).

Glue is still drying…

DSCF2253

And for my friend, Melissa, in Oklahoma (Yee-ha!), this is what I had to drink tonight:

Before:
DSCF2226

After:

DSCF2233

Drink your heart out, sister! Smile

0 comments:

Post a Comment